Table of Contents
If you’re looking for a tasty and easy dessert recipe, try the Crustless Mini Cheesecakes. These delicious mini cheesecake bites make the perfect dessert for anyone who loves the rich and creamy flavor of traditional cheesecake but wants to skip the extra calories and carbs that come with the crust. Made with a combination of cream cheese, double cream, eggs, sugar, and gluten free flour, the Crustless Mini Cheesecakes is a simple but satisfying sweet treat for adults and children alike.
Why we love 💕the Crustless Mini Cheesecakes
- They are so easy to make as they require every day, easy-to-find ingredients
- They are healthier compared to the traditional cheesecake as they are gluten free and of a smaller size
- They are so small and pretty and go well with any type of topping from fresh strawberries to dulce de leche!
👩🍳What you need to make the Crustless Mini Cheesecakes
- Large mixing bowl
- Hand mixer
- Mini muffin tin
- Granulated sugar
- Cream cheese
- Double cream
- Room temperature eggs
- Real vanilla extract
- Favorite toppings like fresh raspberries, chocolate syrup, lemon curd, blackberry jam and with our delicious dulce de leche -recipe here
🕐How to make the Crustless Mini Cheesecakes
In a large mixing bowl, cream the cream cheese with the granulated sugar
Mix in one egg at a time to the cream cheese mixture until well combined
Add in the flour, vanilla, and double cream and mix on low speed until smooth
Divide the filling mixture evenly among 24 mini muffin cups and bake for up to 20 minutes in an oven that has been preheated to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
❓FAQs about the Crustless Mini Cheesecakes
What is the best cream cheese to use for the Crustless Mini Cheesecakes?
There are several cream cheese brands in the market. You can’t go wrong with the traditional and ubiquitous Philadelphia Cream Cheese as it is a classic. Ideally, go for the full fat to maintain the consistency of the traditional cheesecake. You can also do market research and test different cheesecake brands and pick your favorite
Can you replace the dairy cream cheese with a vegan cream cheese?
This recipe has been developed for the dairy Crustless Mini Cheesecakes. You could use a vegan or plant-based cream cheese but you will need to adjust the recipe to maintain the consistency and the texture.
Can you actually add crust to the Mini Cheesecakes?
You can but they will no longer be crustless! So, you create a new recipe. You can make the crust with the all-time favorite graham crackers and follow your favorite cheesecake recipe.
Can you use a different type of sugar, like brown sugar or confectioners’ sugar?
No. For this recipe the traditional granulated sugar is the only choice. Brown sugar will make the recipe of a different color. Confectioner’s sugar is mostly used for icing so it will not blend well with the specific ingredients for this one
What toppings should you use for the Crustless Mini Cheesecakes?
Whatever you wish! You can top the mini cheesecakes with fresh fruits like strawberries or blueberries; you can add raspberry or apricot jam; you can add whipped cream drizzled with chocolate syrup or caramel sauce; my favorite is lemon curd, so luscious and sunny yellow!
How can you store the Crustless Mini Cheesecakes?
To preserve the freshness of your mini cheesecakes, store them in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to three days. It’s best to add the toppings right before serving. Alternatively, if you want to save them for later, you can freeze the mini cheesecakes by wrapping each one with plastic wrap and placing them in a zip-top freezer bag. Keep them in the freezer no longer than 3 months.
Crustless Mini Cheesecakes
- 16 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- ¼ cup double cream
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon rice flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F and line 24 cup mini muffin tin with small cupcake liners. Set aside
- Mix the cream cheese with the granulated sugar in a large mixing bowl
- Mix in one egg at a time to the cream cheese mixture until well combined
- Add in the flour, vanilla, and double cream and mix on low speed until smooth
- Once smooth, divide the filling mixture evenly between the 24 mini muffin cups
- Place in the pre-heated oven and bake for 16-18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean and the tops turn lightly golden brown
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool. Once cool to the touch, transfer to the refrigerator to chill for at least 4 hours
- To serve, remove from refrigerator and top each mini cheesecake with your choice of filling. Enjoy!
- You can serve the crustless mini cheesecake with your favorite toppings: fresh raspberries, chocolate syrup, dulce de leche, whipped cream, chocolate chips or any type of jam
- You can make the crustless mini cheesecakes with any type of gluten free flour or gluten free flour mix you wish.