Table of Contents
Indulge in the creamy goodness of our Easy Eggless Banana Cream Pie recipe. This delectable dessert is a delightful twist on a classic favorite, perfect for vegans and those with egg allergies. With an eggless crust as its base, this pie is filled with layers of luscious, velvety cream and ripe bananas. Whether you’re hosting a dinner party, celebrating a special occasion, or simply craving a slice of heaven, our Easy Eggless Banana Cream Pie is a go-to recipe that’ll satisfy your sweet tooth.
Why we love 💕this Eggless Banana Cream Pie
- The pie is eggless -for those who can’t eat eggs- but it does not compromise on taste so good news for everybody!
- It is a versatile and delicious pie that you can make 365 days a year as long as you cand find bananas!
- It is the perfect pie for fall parties and Thanksgiving get-togethers!
👩🍳What kitchenware you need to make the Eggless Banana Cream Pie
- large saucepan
- rolling pin to make the pie dough
- 9-inch pie pan
- parchment paper
- stand mixer or hand-held mixer
Do you want to learn about the history of pie? Check this article from the Library of Congress
🕐How to make this Banana Cream Pie recipe
First you need to make the pie dough for the pie crust. Check the pie crust recipe with detailed instructions here. Once is ready, line the pie crust with parchment paper and fill it with pie weights or dry beans. Pre-bake the crust in the pre-heated oven for 15 minutes. Remove the crust from the oven and remove the dry beans or pie weights. Set aside pie crust to cool.
Combine the milk, cream, sugar, corn starch, and gelatin in a large saucepan. Stir until well blended over medium-low heat while whisking often.
When the custard has thickened, turn the heat off and stir in the butter and vanilla. Set aside.
Slice the bananas and line the bottom of the pie crust with two layers of sliced bananas. Pour the custard over the bananas.
Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350°F . Once the pie is baked, remove pie from oven and cool completely before transferring to the refrigerator.
More eggless recipes? Check the Eggless Mini Pumpkin Pies here
❓FAQs about the Eggless Banana Cream Pie
Can I make this Eggless Banana Cream Pie recipe gluten free?
You can make it gluten free if you make the pie crust dough gluten free. For this you have to use an alternative gluten free flour mix that you can substitute on 1:1. However, pie dough is often tricky to make, and you may have to change the recipe, mostly the quantities per ingredient.
Can I make this pie recipe crustless?
You can make this Banana Cream Pie crustless by omitting the pie crust. If you do so, the recipe will be more of a cake than a pie. To make a crustless version, simply omit the pie crust and pour the filling mixture into a greased 9-inch baking pan. You will have to change the recipe and add flour to the mixture so that it does not fall apart.
How can I refrigerate this Eggless Banana Cream Pie?
You should definitely refrigerate the banana cream pie as it is made with dairy and should not be left out for longer than a couple of hours. Bakers discard pies with dairy and eggs if left out for more than 2 hours at room temperature. Place Banana Cream Pie in the refrigerator with a large cloche on top, loose aluminum foil or a plastic wrap. You can keep it in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Can I freeze the Banana Cream Pie?
As it is creamy, the Banana Cream Pie does not freeze well. Therefore, it is not recommended to keep it in the freezer.
Did you make this? Capture a snapshot of your dessert and share it with us on Instagram by tagging @theistravels or using the hashtag #wedesserts. We can’t wait to admire your creation!
Posts on this blog may contain affiliate links from Amazon Associates. That means if you click and buy, I may receive a small commission (at zero cost to you).
Easy Eggless Banana Cream Pie
- 1 stand mixer or hand-held mixer
- 1 9-inch pie pan
- 1 Rolling Pin
- 1 whisk
To make the pie crust, check the recipe here
For the filling
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¾ cups granulated sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 ounce package unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- 4-6 ripe bananas sliced
For the pie crust, check recipe instructions here
- Once you have the pie crust ready continue with the instructions below:
- Line the pie crust with parchment paper and fill it with pie weights or dry beans. Pre-bake the crust in a pre-heated oven for 15 minutes at 400℉
- Once baked, remove the crust from the oven and remove the dry beans or pie weights. Set aside
- To make the filling, combine the milk, cream, sugar, corn starch, and gelatin in a large saucepan. Stir until well blended and heat over medium-low heat while whisking often
- When the custard has thickened and becomes difficult to stir, turn the heat off and stir in the butter and vanilla. Set aside
- Slice the bananas and line the bottom of the pie crust with two layers of sliced bananas
- Pour the custard over the bananas and smooth the custard out throughout the pie
- Reduce the oven temperature to 350℉ and bake for 20-25 minutes
- When the baking time finishes, remove pie from oven and cool completely before transferring to the refrigerator
- Chill for a few hours or overnight before serving
- To serve, top with whipped cream and additional banana slices, if desired. Enjoy!
- For those who find pie crust making intimidating and challenging, there is the option of the ready-to-go pie in the grocery store. There is also the frozen option. These pre-made pie crusts may not be the same as the homemade ones, but overall deliver decent baking results