Table of Contents
if you’re a fan of kiwis, then you’ve got to try the No Bake Mini Kiwi Tarts recipe! It’s super easy and simple to make, perfect for those lazy days in the kitchen. You’ll only need five ingredients: almond flour, dates, Greek yogurt, date syrup, and, of course, those luscious Zespri SunGold kiwis. Imagine the flavors bursting in your mouth! The best part? This treat is gluten-free and requires no baking. So, when the temperatures rise and you’re craving something refreshing, these mini tartlets are a total lifesaver. Are you ready? Let’s make them!
Why we love 💕the No Bake Mini Kiwi Tarts
- Made with golden bright and super sweet SunGold Kiwifruit
- Easy and simple 5-ingredient recipe
- Versatile and easy to customize
- Packed with nutrients and vitamin C
- Great for children and adults
- Perfect chilled treat for the summer
- Gluten free, grain free, and vegetarian
👩🍳What kitchenware you need to make the No Bake Mini Kiwi Tarts
- Food processor
- Medium size mixing bowl
- 4-inch mini tart pans, small bowls, or small ramekins
🕐How to make the No Bake Mini Kiwi Tarts
- Pulse almond flour and dates in a food processor until the mixture resembles wet sand. This is the “dough” you will use for the crust
- Whisk the yogurt and date syrup together in a bowl until fluffy. This will be the filling for the tartlets
- Spread crust evenly with your fingers in the tart pans
- Fill each tart pan with ¼ cup of the Greek yogurt. Top with fresh, sliced Zespri SunGold Kiwifruit
- Refrigerate the tartlets for a few hours before you serve if you desire
This recipe was adopted by the No-Bake Zespri Sungold Kiwifruit fruit tart
Do you want to try another no bake recipe? Try the Creamy Chocolate Mousse with seven ingredients
❓FAQs about the No Bake Mini Kiwi Tarts
Can I make the crust for No Bake Mini Kiwi Tarts with graham crackers?
You certainly can! We chose the almond flour as we wanted to make the no bake kiwifruit tartlets recipe gluten & grain free. Graham crackers are definitely a wonderful choice for the crust but typically are not gluten free.
What is the Zespri SunGold kiwifruit?
The Zespri SunGold kiwifruit is a variety of kiwifruit that was developed by Zespri International Ltd and was commercialized in 2010. The SunGold kiwifruit has a yellow flesh and a tropical, sweet taste that some say is similar to a cross between a mango and a strawberry. It has a hairless skin, smaller core, and fewer seeds than the green variety. The SunGold kiwifruit is also psa-tolerant, non-GMO, and high in vitamin C.
How can I eat the SunGold kiwifruit?
There are three ways to eat the SunGold kiwi and all kiwis.
1. You peel it and cut it into slices. To slice it, cut the peeled kiwifruit in half, then slice each half into 2-3 pieces.
2. You scoop it with a spoon
3. You bite it. So easy to bite a kiwi. Just peel it and take a bite!
How can I peel the SunGold kiwifruit?
1. Use a short paring knife to cut around the stem patch on both ends and remove the stem end.
2. With a peeler, peel lengthwise down the side of the kiwifruit until the skin is completely removed.
Can I eat the skin of the SunGold kiwifruit?
The SunGold kiwi is hairless, so you don’t have to peel the skin. You can also eat the skin. According to the Zespri’s website, the Zespri SunGold has about 2 grams of fiber per serving (two kiwifruit) — and 50% more if eaten with the skin.
How can I store the SunGold kiwifruit?
You can store them in the fridge for about two weeks. If your kiwifruit gets too ripe before you can eat them, or if you want to keep them for longer, you can store them in the freezer until you decide to use them in a tart or a refreshing smoothie!
How can I eat the SunGold kiwifruit?
There’s no wrong way to eat the kiwifruit. Use it to make healthy breakfast bowls with oats and yogurt; make a kiwifruit toast; add kiwifruit to refreshing smoothies by blending your favorite protein powder and some nut butter; eat as an afternoon energizing snack; make a kiwi pie; a kiwifruit popsicle; or for an adult taste, make a kiwifruit mojito!
Can I make this recipe vegan?
You certainly can. Just replace the Greek yogurt with any yogurt alternative made of almond, coconut, cashew, or soy milk and you are good to go.
Did you make this? Capture a snapshot of your dessert and share it with us on Instagram by tagging @theistravels or using the hashtag #wedesserts. We can’t wait to admire your creation!
No Bake Mini Kiwi Tart
- 1 Food processor
- 1 mixing bowl
- 4 ramekins or mini tart pans
- 4 Zespri SunGold Kiwifruit peeled and sliced
- 1 cup almond flour
- 5 pitted dates
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon date syrup
- Pulse the almond flour and dates in a food processor until the mixture resembles wet sand
- Whisk the yogurt and date syrup together in a bowl until fluffy
- When the mixture holds together, press 3 tablespoons of the crust mixture into each mini tart pan
- Fill each tart pan with ¼ cup of the Greek yogurt mixed with date syrup
- Top with fresh, sliced Zespri SunGold Kiwifruit. Drizzle with date syrup, if desired
- Eat right away or refrigerate for up to eight hours or overnight. Add the Zespri kiwifruit just before serving.