Indulge in the irresistible flavors of our One Bowl Gluten Free Banana Nut Muffins. This easy-to-make recipe promises a perfect blend of ripe bananas and crunchy nuts, delivering a delicious, gluten-free treat for any occasion. Enjoy the simplicity of baking with just one bowl, making these muffins a go-to option for a quick, healthy, and delectable snack.
This recipe requires simple, everyday ingredients that you can easily find in your pantry. So, get ready, put on your apron, get your mixing bowl and your whisk, and let’s do it!
Table of Contents
🧁What are muffins really?
Muffins are baked treats somewhat similar to bread or cakes. They look like cupcakes because their base is cylindrical, and the top is rounded and arched. Muffins are typically sweet and in modern cooking, they have fillings such as fruit jams and/or toppings like chocolate chips. Muffins make great desserts on their own and can also be served with ice cream.
Baking in a muffin tin, whether nonstick or not, involves pouring the muffin batter into cup-shaped depressions. Standard muffin cups typically measure around 2.75 by 1.4 inches, while mini muffin pans are designed with cups approximately 1.5 by 1 inches. Should jumbo muffins be your preference, look for cups spanning roughly 3.75 by 1.5 inches for that extra indulgence.
For a deep dive into the history of muffins, check the the Food Timeline site here
Why we love 💕🧁 the One Bowl Gluten Free Banana Nut Muffins
- This easy gluten free banana muffin recipe is a favorite for all, adults and childen alike
- Perfectly moist, nutty, and crumbly that everybody loves!
- These gluten free banana muffins are deliciously sweet and perfect with a cup of coffee!
👩🍳What kitchenware you need to make the One Bowl Gluten Free Banana Nut Muffins
- 1 large mixing bowl
- a whisk
- a non-stick muffin pan
📝The ingredients to make the One Bowl Gluten Free Banana Nut Muffins recipe
- ripe bananas
- 1 egg
- whole milk
- unsalted butter
- brown and white sugars
- baking soda
- chopped walnuts
- gluten free flour blend
🕐How to make the One Bowl Gluten Free Banana Nut Muffins
- You need a large mixing bowl. First you add mashed bananas, melted butter, and milk. Mix well
- Then beat in the egg and vanilla, and brown sugar
- Add the remaining dry ingredients including gluten free flour blend, baking soda, salt, and vanilla, and fold in until mixed. Fold in the chopped walnuts.
- Fill muffin pan cups to about 4/5 full. You a standard muffin tin spread with non-stick cooking spray
- In a pre-heated at 350 F oven, bake for 18-20 minutes
- Remove from oven, cool, and serve!
Do you want to try one of our recipes? You will love the Vegan Dark Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins here. They are delicious and healthy!
❓FAQs about the One Bowl Gluten Free Banana Nut Muffins
What type of gluten free flour I should use for this Gluten Free Banana Nut Muffins recipe?
We made this recipe with Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free All-Purpose Baking Four. Other blends should work, but some may need more or less liquid than others depending on the starch content.
How ripe the 🌙🌙bananas should be for this recipe?
The riper the bananas, the sweeter the muffins will be. Even if they are looking a little bit brown, you can still use them for your baking.
How can I store the One Bowl Gluten Free Banana Nut Muffins?
Make sure muffins are completely cooled. You don’t want them still warm because they w=will get soggy. Once cooled, you can store them in an airtight container or even a bag that is zipped. They should last up to 3 days on your counter. They will last longer in the refrigerator, but they won’t be as moist and fresh.
Can I freeze the One Bowl Gluten Free Banana Nut Muffins?
If you want to freeze them, make sure they are cooled to room temperature. Then, wrap in plastic wrap and store them in a gallon-sized freezer bag. They should last for up to 3 months. Thaw completely in the fridge before serving them at room temperature.
Can I make this recipe vegan?
You can make the One Bowl Gluten Free Banana Nut Muffins. However, you need to replace the dairy products like milk and butter with dairy free, plant-based alternatives. In addition, you will have to use egg replacement powder or flaxseed meal.
Did you make this? Capture a snapshot of your dessert and share it with us on Instagram by tagging @theistravels or using the hashtag #wedesserts. We can’t wait to admire your creation!
Posts on this blog may contain affiliate links from Amazon Associates. That means if you click and buy, I may receive a small commission (at zero cost to you).
One Bowl Gluten Free Banana Nut Muffins
- 1 whisk
- 1 mixing bowl
- 1 non-stick muffin pan
- measurement cups
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 3 bananas mashed
- ¼ cup unsalted butter melted
- ¼ cup whole milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 cups gluten free flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup walnuts chopped + extra to top muffins before baking, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a standard muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray and set aside
- Add the mashed bananas, melted butter, and milk to a large mixing bowl. Mix to combine
- Beat in the egg and vanilla, and brown sugar
- Add in the remaining dry ingredients and fold in until just mixed. Then, fold in the walnuts
- Fill muffin pan cups to about 4/5 full. Top with additional walnuts, if desired
- Place in the pre-heated oven and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool for at least 5-10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
- You don’t have to stick with walnuts if you don’t like them. Choose your favorite nuts, such as pecans, almonds, or your favorite baking nuts. You can even replace the nuts with chocolate chips
- You can add slices of banana on top